Beyond sunburns and more obvious signs, sun damage can show up in the skin in various subtle ways, too, ranging from sunspots to wrinkles, fine lines, and loss of elasticity. Here are some ways to reverse these effects and protect your skin:
Protection is key when looking to reverse sun damage. Continuous overexposure to the sun without sun protection will not only further damage your skin, but any treatment you will need to reverse the sun damage will require you to stay out of the sun weeks before and after doing treatments to avoid any risks or sensitivity. Effective sun protection is your first barrier against UVA and UVB rays. Make sure to apply sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 35 with SPF 30 or higher on a daily basis. Avoid tanning, and spending time outdoors in the sun, cover exposed skin, and keep your skin safe against prolonged exposure.
Sun damage can result in uneven skin tone, dark spots, wrinkles, sagging skin, and other issues apart from burning and tanning, and few skin care products can help combat and restore those issues by lightening hyperpigmentation, brightening the skin and regenerating elastin and collagen production. Invest in our Vita CE AM Treatment which contains multiple active ingredients that encourage cell turnover, healing, and reverse sun damage. Primarily, the presence of Ferulic Acid has been shown to photo-protect the skin against UV rays and reverse damage from sunburns by about 96%. Long-term use of these products, along with regular sun protection, will keep your skin safe against further premature aging, minimizing pigmentation, increasing collagen production, and more.
If you really want to better results, then you really need to look into a few fractional or laser treatments and/or chemical peels. Below are a few treatments worth considering:
- Sunspot laser removal: this treatment uses concentrated light energy derived from alexandrite crystals to treat small areas of pigmented skin. This helps remove and reduce the appearance of sunspots and hyperpigmentation. It’s a quick procedure with little to no downtime.
- QSwitch: this laser treatment creates bursts of energy that are absorbed into sunspots, birthmarks, and other types of pigmentation, while also stimulating collagen production in the dermis.
- IPL: IPL is a non-invasive laser treatment that uses multiple wavelengths to target a variety of skin concerns and issues, eliminating discoloration through heat. It also boosts elastin and collagen production in the treated area. Each session is between 15-30 minutes.
- Photofractional (IPL + ResurFX): IPL is paired with our ResurFX treatment to boost collagen and elastin production, target hyperpigmentation, improves skin texture and create superficial thermal injuries to target the deeper layers of the skin.
- SmoothGlo (IPL + RF Microneedling): this facial treatment combines powerful IPL with RF microneedling (VoluDerm™) to boost moisture content, target hyperpigmentation, tighten skin and boost collagen and elastin production. This treatment lasts about 60 minutes, and has little to no downtime.
- Chemical Peels: these skin treatments are gentle and work by penetrating your epidermis and targeting issues in the dermis, reducing fine lines, sunspots, and other forms of sun damage.
Reverse signs of sun damage through effective treatments and management at our New York-based med spa. We’re offering several skin rejuvenation and skincare treatments and services, such as laser sun spot removal and skin resurfacing treatments which can help reverse the effects of sun damage and pre-mature aging due to sun exposure, and you can schedule an appointment to get started.